Monday, November 24, 2008

THIS CHRISTMAS GIVE ABRAMOFF - THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING.

James Hirni will be charged with conspiracy to commit wire fraud. He is from a long list to fall - that have and will. What makes Hirni so important is his connections, especially to whom he donated money. He loved to donate money to Senator Mitch McConnell(Rep) and Senator Pat Roberts(Rep) and Senator Bob Corker and Senator Jeff Sessions as well as House Minority leader John Boehner.

Do we expect Hirni to roll over on McConnell, Roberts, Corker, Sessions and Boehner. We don't know. Likely not, though it may depend on the time he will end up serving. I called Pat Roberts office and instead of answering any questions they gave me the "transfer shuffle". I have little patience for that kind of annoying behavior.

When I called Boehner's office, I got the "transfer shuffle" also but at least it was short and I was transfered to someone that was willing to say a few words. Specifically, they were unaware of the charges to Hirni. When asked if they were directly involved in the "Friends of John Boehner" PAC they said yes (Which sort of means he has no friends and must run the PAC himself I guess). When asked if they would be returning or donating the money that was given from Hirni the person answering said they were sure they would do that.

I was told by Senator Sessions office that the person who handles press always returns phone calls and that actually sounded promising. Now, that was noon Pacific time and I got a call back at 12:19. I was impressed. But when I said I was independent I was rushed off the phone and told if he responded that someone would let me know. I actually forced my email address on her after I was "clicked". "Clicked" you ask? That tell tale noise when someone on an extension hangs up after listening. She said "It must have been on your end"(mine). To which I responded, "Someone is listening to another extension on my cell phone? Oooookay". I will update you if I actually get a response - doubtful.

I called McConnell's office and they didn't want me to talk to anyone and instead sent me to their website where I could submit a request. Mind you, this was not for press, what it basically means when they request that is, "We don't want to hear from you but you can vent here provided that you realize we don't care and will not respond." Been there with Nancy Pelosi and others and didn't feel like asking again. No politician likes to be asked questions and it annoys me when they never respond. The definition of crazy being "expecting something different every time you try to do the same thing".

At Corker's office I had a strange call. When asking if the Senator would be releasing a statement and if the monies donated would be returned and/or donated, the person who answered stated that the Senator had nothing to do with donations to his campaign and that she would find a number for me (of which she never did). I asked, "So you're saying that even though someone who is about to be charged with wire fraud in the Abramoff investigation, who donated money to the Senator's campain, that the Senator has nothing to do with that?" She said, yes, that's true.

Wow, reporting is a pain in my ass.

1 comment:

Bluebear2 said...

I saw your comment to Pelosi at Raw Story.

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Pelosi_wants_investigation_of_Bush_officials_0118.html

Right on dude!