Thursday, June 18, 2009

Democrats Seeking Gifts From Lobbyists

I read the recent news of Democrats skirting the lobbying rules set up by Obama. The Democrats parsing those orders so it fits their needs is (dare I say it?) Republican in actions. At least they're getting a backbone... I just wish the backbone was being used to support The People instead corporations.

With that in mind I decided to take it upon myself to be the voice of The People. I sent an email to the Speaker's scheduler. I will blog the responce when I get it.

________________________


To: Ms. Stina Skewes-Cox,

This morning I read an article where it said, "Entrance to the (Friday's Issues Conference) is welcomed with a gift of $5,000 per person. Attendees will be able to schmooze with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV)."

I have many issues that I wish to discuss and would love to have a "sit down" with Speaker Pelosi even for only 15 minutes. As a US constituent and one who has concern for the welfare of The People I would think she would like to know what I would have to say.

I'm sorry, I do not have $5,000.00 for I am poor. I cannot afford to come to Washington DC but I hear their are times when Ms. Pelosi is in the San Francisco area. If you could let me know what block of time she will be there I will make it my priorety to visit my sister in Berkeley during that week or so. I could avail myself to any 15 minute block she may have during her visit. I would just need enough time to take the BART to her office downtown.

If it would help, I could email my issues in advance so she could come prepared. I will also be very prepared but since I do not have a staff and my job is not in politics, I would need a few weeks notice so I could schedule time off and prepare for my 15 minute meeting.

Thank you so very much in advance for your kindness and diligence. I will truly look forward to our meeting.

Peter Lawrence

________________________

Anyone taking bets?

No comments: